Comment on page
Type of website: Ecommerce
Effective date: 13th day of May, 2023
https://8bit-arcade.com/ (the "Site") is owned and operated by 8Bit Arcade LLC. 8Bit Arcade LLC is the data controller and can be contacted at:
16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, County of Sussex, 19958, DELAWARE, United States
1. The personal data we will collect;
2. Use of collected data;
3. Who has access to the data collected;
4. The rights of Site users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Page 1 of 10
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by: They just need to opt out in their user settings.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
1. Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third pary to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overriden by the interests or fundamenal rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are: To protect minor from accessing our site and to help with marketing decision making.; and
3. Processing of user personal data is necessary to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority.
How We Use Personal Data
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- 1.If the law requires it;
- 3.To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- 4.To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
- 5.If agreed to by yourselves in advance with tournament / competition / prize partners.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
All data is encrypted at source. No employee has access to this information. It is encrypted by a third party and stored in the cloud on a secure server.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
1. Right to be informed;
2. Right of access;
3. Right to rectification;
4. Right to erasure;
5. Right to restrict processing;
6. Right to data portability; and
7. Right to object.
The minimum age to use our website is 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
1. Marketing emails. You can opt-out by in user settings.
2. Audio and video sharing. You can opt-out by in user settings.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the ICO in the UK.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, Russell Bryant, at:
California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers in the past twelve (12) months:
1. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
2. Categories of personal information described in California customer records law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, race, age, disability, national origin, or religion;
4. Geolocation data such as physical location; and
5. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as audio, images, or video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
Sources of Information
We collect the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
1. Directly from consumer on sign-up. All information is encrypted at source..
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
1. To safeguard minor under the age of 16 from accessing our site. Audio and visual files are used for marketing purposes. No personal data is share with any other third parties..
Sharing Personal Information
We have not disclosed consumer personal information in the past twelve (12) months.
Sale of Personal Information
We have not sold consumer personal information in the past twelve (12) months.
Your Rights and Choices
The CPPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how you can exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that https://8bit-arcade.com/ disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information in the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see the Exercising Your Access and Deletion Rights section below), we will disclose to you:
1. The categories of personal information we collected about you;
2. The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; 3. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; 4. The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and 5. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we have received and confirmed your verifiable consumer request, we will delete, and direct any of our service providers to delete, your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; 4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
8. Comply with a legal obligation; or
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise your access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us at:
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
1. Provide enough information for us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorised representative; and
2. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You are not required to make an account with us to make a verifiable consumer request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt.
If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response electronically or by mail, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not use whether or not you have exercised your CCPA rights to:
1. Deny you goods or services;
2. Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
3. Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
4. Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to maintain compliance with the law and to reflect any changes to our data collection process. We recommend you check this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. If necessary, we may notify you by email of changes to this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at:
8Bit Arcade LLC
Last modified 1mo ago